The recently launched latest tablet by Google inc. can be now updated to custom Android ROM i.e. Paranoid Android which is actually based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. This is the most exciting and great news to the owners of the stylish new tablet nexus 7 as they can experience Halo & PIE which the latest ROM gives to its users. Moreover , running this on this tablet gives you a 1920x1080p screen User Interface which reflects the beauty of this Paranoid Android, especially for the people who have been new to this platform and never got chance to use it. So if you want to experience this on your personal tablet, give it a try to enjoy the features and the awesomeness of this version.
What are the requirements you will be needed?
- Nexus 7 Tablet [2013 Version] having the custom recovery installed in it. If you don’t have installed custom recovery in it, then browse our tutorial on rooting nexus 7 tablet and installing TWRP recovery on the device
- Paranoid Android ROM needed for Google Nexus 7 [2013 version]
- Paranoid Android supported Google Apps [Android 4.3]
How to proceed?
- Download the required files i.e. Paranoid Android ROM and Google Apps from the links shared above.
- Now copy both the files into your device’s storage.
- Make sure to back up the needed data from your device which is running on the current ROM.
- Reboot your nexus 7 tablet into recovery mode.
- Now, wipe/erase all the data from your device and make it reset to factory settings. Don’t forget to wipe the cache and dalvik cache. It is mandatory to do. And in the TWRP, you will find it from the Wipe Section.
- Now tap on ‘Install’ then select the file and confirm the process.
- Once the ROM gets flashed, repeat the above step, but this time choosing the Google Apps file.
- Now you have to reboot your device into System by going to ‘Reboot’ and then tap on ‘System’ . This process might take few minutes so don’t panic. Also its very helpful if you keep the device as it is for few minutes so as to settle normally and when its booted into ROM.
Note- Please perform the above tutorial guide at your own risk. Labshab wont be responsible if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.